Protecting Your Greatest Single Personal Investment
The Home Protection Plan is designed to insure a well maintained dwelling.
Pinching pennies by skimping on coverage can leave you dangerously unprotected. This can cost you money and headaches when your claim is on the line. Good value means quality coverage, a fair price, plus an agent who stands by your side.
The Plan should include
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost of Your Home, even if it exceeds the amount of coverage you carry on your policy. The insurance amount at inception must equal 100% of the replacement cost of your home.
- Your Personal Property possessions, on or off your premises. Claims will be settled on a Replacement Cost Basis, but will be subject to certain exclusions.
- Loss of Use of Your Home includes the cost of hotel, food and other expenses above normal, if you are forced from your home by a claim.
- Ordinance or Law Coverage for the increased costs to comply with the enforcement of an ordinance or law. This can cost more than the claim.
- Personal Liability, $300,000 is standard and a Personal Umbrella Policy is recommended with coverage available up to $5 million.
- Personal property such as jewelry, furs, fine arts, silver, personal computers and sports equipment may be scheduled for additional protection.
- Home Day Care Coverage.
- Snowmobile Coverage is available for liability and physical damage.
- In-Home Business Endorsement covers your in-home business exposures.
- Pleasure Boat Endorsement provides broad marine coverage for Power boats up to 32 feet and $125,000 in value and sailboats up to 40 feet of similar value.
- Earthquakes and Floods.
- Account Credit saves you money by buying your auto and homeowners policies from the same company.
- Deductible Credit $500=10%, $1,000=20%, $2,500=25%.
- Discounts for Protection Devices and Alarm Services when you have devices as a sprinkler system, smoke detectors, burglar alarms, central station burglar and fire.
- Discount for New Homes.
- Non-Smoker Credit.